How to Clean Your Oven – Oven Cleaning Hacks
How to Clean Your Oven Naturally
Cleaning your oven with a chemical like Easy Off Bam is super easy. These chemicals make it easy to clean your oven because they dissolve hardened grease so you can just wipe them clean. However, if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals then you might want to know how to clean your oven naturally.
If you want to avoid harsh chemicals, then you could be in for a bit of a chore if the oven hasn’t been cleaned in a while Fortunately, there are a ton of things you can do to make it easier to clean your oven without chemicals. In this post, you’ll learn some tips and tricks that use only common, harmless household products.
The Best Ways to Clean An Oven
There are lots of different ways to clean an oven. Some ovens have an auto-cleaning setting, which we don’t necessarily recommend. That’s because this setting simply turns the oven on and cooks everything in it, which is supposed to make it easier to wipe away the dirt. However, in reality, this often can result in burnt grease, which may make it harder to clean or set off your smoke alarm. This is particularly the case if the oven is old and hasn’t been cleaned in a while.
So what should you do? Well here are a couple of different ways you can clean your oven naturally:
Vinegar, baking soda, & elbow grease
1. Make a paste by mixing together half a cup of baking soda and a few tablespoons of water. You may need to play with the ratio a little bit until you get a spreadable paste.
2. Coat the entire oven in the paste but avoid the heating elements. This can be messy so you may want to wear gloves. You’ll need to add more paste to the most greasy areas. Don’t be deterred if the paste turns brown, that’s all part of the process.
3. Leave overnight. Once you’ve coated the whole oven interior (including the trays) with the paste, leave it to rest overnight for at least 12 hours.
4. Wipe the oven clean. Once enough time has passed, you should be able to wipe the oven clean with a damp cloth. The cloth will get filthy and stained so be prepared to throw it away or wash it with stain remover. TIP: use a spatula or scraper to loosen any spots that are stuck onto the oven or trays.
5. Spray some vinegar into the parts of oven that still have the paste stuck on it. The vinegar will react with the baking soda and it will start to create foam, which is easier to wipe away.
6. Final wipe-down. Using a fresh damp cloth and a spray bottle mixed with water and a dash of vinegar, give the oven another wipe down until it’s shiny and clean.
Use Ammonia to clean your oven overnight
Looking for a way to clean your oven with a little less effort? I’ve not personally tried this trick but I hear it works wonders. It does require that you have ammonia at your disposal, which is not as common as baking soda and vinegar.
Heat your oven on conventional mode to 95% (just below boiling point). Then place a bowl of boiling water on the bottom rack and a bowl of ammonia on the top rack. THEN TURN THE OVEN OFF! Leave it to sit overnight and you’ll be able to easily wipe the oven clean in the morning.
Book a home cleaning service or end of lease cleaner online instantly!
Check Out Our Other Posts
Cleaning a spa bath is crucial. Without regular maintenance, your spa bath could be harbouring unseen threats beneath its soothing jets. Learn how to clean a spa bathtub here.
If you’ve ever wondered how to use a steam mop efficiently then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll not only answer that question but also provide you with step-by-step instructions and valuable tips.
Cleaning stainless steel isn’t just about aesthetics; it’s about maintaining the integrity of these sleek surfaces. Without proper care, stainless steel can lose its luster, making it look dull and dingy.
We’ll guide you through the step-by-step process to clean a coffee machine to ensure that every cup of coffee you brew is as delicious as it should be.
Cleaning a wheelie bin may not be the most thrilling task, but the payoff is definitely worth it. Plus, the more frequently you clean a wheelie bin, the less you’ll have to endure those unpleasant odours.
Knowing how to clean a wooden floor to ensure its longevity and preserve its natural appeal. Regardless of whether you’re wondering how to clean a hardwood floor or how to clean timber flooring in general, this is the guide for you. Let’s explore the step-by-step process of how to clean a wooden floor effectively and safely.
Over time, mattresses become home to grime, mites, bacteria, and allergens, which can impact your health and quality of sleep. But don’t worry – in this ultimate guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about how to clean a mattress and keep it in tip-top condition.
Looking for a hassle-free way to clean your microwave? Wondering how to clean a microwave without scrubbing it? If you’re tired of struggling with a dirty microwave, you’re in the right place! Today, we’re going to have some fun and learn how to clean a microwave like a pro! You’ll be amazed at how easy it is, and your future self will thank you for the effort.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll teach you how to clean wallpaper like a pro, using a variety of methods and techniques that are safe and effective for all types of wallpaper. Whether you have vinyl, fabric, or paper wallpaper, you’ll find everything you need to know to get your walls looking like new again. Grab your cleaning supplies, roll up your sleeves, and let’s dive into the ultimate guide on how to clean wallpaper, DIY style.
In this guide, we’re going to show you just how easy it can be to clean a BBQ and get it ready for your next delicious meal. You’ll learn all the tips and tricks you need to know for cleaning a BBQ like a pro.