How to Clean Your Oven – Oven Cleaning Hacks
How to Clean Your Oven Naturally
Cleaning your oven with a chemical like Easy Off Bam is super easy. These chemicals make it easy to clean your oven because they dissolve hardened grease so you can just wipe them clean. However, if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals then you might want to know how to clean your oven naturally.
If you want to avoid harsh chemicals, then you could be in for a bit of a chore if the oven hasn’t been cleaned in a while Fortunately, there are a ton of things you can do to make it easier to clean your oven without chemicals. In this post, you’ll learn some tips and tricks that use only common, harmless household products.
The Best Ways to Clean An Oven
There are lots of different ways to clean an oven. Some ovens have an auto-cleaning setting, which we don’t necessarily recommend. That’s because this setting simply turns the oven on and cooks everything in it, which is supposed to make it easier to wipe away the dirt. However, in reality, this often can result in burnt grease, which may make it harder to clean or set off your smoke alarm. This is particularly the case if the oven is old and hasn’t been cleaned in a while.
So what should you do? Well here are a couple of different ways you can clean your oven naturally:
Vinegar, baking soda, & elbow grease
1. Make a paste by mixing together half a cup of baking soda and a few tablespoons of water. You may need to play with the ratio a little bit until you get a spreadable paste.
2. Coat the entire oven in the paste but avoid the heating elements. This can be messy so you may want to wear gloves. You’ll need to add more paste to the most greasy areas. Don’t be deterred if the paste turns brown, that’s all part of the process.
3. Leave overnight. Once you’ve coated the whole oven interior (including the trays) with the paste, leave it to rest overnight for at least 12 hours.
4. Wipe the oven clean. Once enough time has passed, you should be able to wipe the oven clean with a damp cloth. The cloth will get filthy and stained so be prepared to throw it away or wash it with stain remover. TIP: use a spatula or scraper to loosen any spots that are stuck onto the oven or trays.
5. Spray some vinegar into the parts of oven that still have the paste stuck on it. The vinegar will react with the baking soda and it will start to create foam, which is easier to wipe away.
6. Final wipe-down. Using a fresh damp cloth and a spray bottle mixed with water and a dash of vinegar, give the oven another wipe down until it’s shiny and clean.
Use Ammonia to clean your oven overnight
Looking for a way to clean your oven with a little less effort? I’ve not personally tried this trick but I hear it works wonders. It does require that you have ammonia at your disposal, which is not as common as baking soda and vinegar.
Heat your oven on conventional mode to 95% (just below boiling point). Then place a bowl of boiling water on the bottom rack and a bowl of ammonia on the top rack. THEN TURN THE OVEN OFF! Leave it to sit overnight and you’ll be able to easily wipe the oven clean in the morning.
Book a home cleaning service or end of lease cleaner online instantly!
Check Out Our Other Posts
This article shares tips from experts on the best way to load a dishwasher. These tips and tricks can help you in many ways – they can help ensure that your dishes are sparkling clean each time, whilst also ensuring a minimal risk of damage to anything that you place in the dishwasher.
You need to be careful when you clean your flat screen TV. You don’t want your television, one that may have cost you thousands of dollars, damaged through the wrong cleaning process.
Teaching your kids how to keep toys tidy is important for your sanity. There’s nothing worse than risking stepping on a piece of lego in the middle of the night! We’ve put together 10 tips to make it easier to keep toys tidy.
It’s important that you regularly clean your bathroom extractor fan. The problem is that most people don’t know how to clean a bathroom extractor fan. That’s why we wrote this guide. This guide gives you a simple process to follow that should only take 15-20 minutes.
Whilst there are some similarities between them, when you have to remove stains on painted walls, there are also some differences. There are a few common types of wall stains. The most common is usually scuff marks or bumps from furniture. Other common types of stains are oil stains or water based stains.
Cleaning toilet bowl stains – tips and tricks from the experts. This article covers common causes of toilet bowl stains on how to remove them.
Tips from the experts on the best way to clean window blinds – no matter what style of blinds you have in your home – Venetian blinds, roller blinds, or vertical blinds.
With this article we wanted to share with you the best way to clean glass shower doors and ensure they continue to sparkle long into the future.
Cleaning your fridge will be a breeze with these handy tips. Get the order right to save time and prevent spoiling food or damaging the fridge.
Clean kitchen cabinets are important for the health and wellness of your family. There’s nothing worse than finding a bug infestation or mould in your pantry. Yuk! Here are the recommended steps we think you should follow for cleaning your kitchen cabinets – after you have emptied them.