How to Clean Your Oven – Oven Cleaning Hacks
How to Clean Your Oven Naturally
Cleaning your oven with a chemical like Easy Off Bam is super easy. These chemicals make it easy to clean your oven because they dissolve hardened grease so you can just wipe them clean. However, if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals then you might want to know how to clean your oven naturally.
If you want to avoid harsh chemicals, then you could be in for a bit of a chore if the oven hasn’t been cleaned in a while Fortunately, there are a ton of things you can do to make it easier to clean your oven without chemicals. In this post, you’ll learn some tips and tricks that use only common, harmless household products.
The Best Ways to Clean An Oven
There are lots of different ways to clean an oven. Some ovens have an auto-cleaning setting, which we don’t necessarily recommend. That’s because this setting simply turns the oven on and cooks everything in it, which is supposed to make it easier to wipe away the dirt. However, in reality, this often can result in burnt grease, which may make it harder to clean or set off your smoke alarm. This is particularly the case if the oven is old and hasn’t been cleaned in a while.
So what should you do? Well here are a couple of different ways you can clean your oven naturally:
Vinegar, baking soda, & elbow grease
1. Make a paste by mixing together half a cup of baking soda and a few tablespoons of water. You may need to play with the ratio a little bit until you get a spreadable paste.
2. Coat the entire oven in the paste but avoid the heating elements. This can be messy so you may want to wear gloves. You’ll need to add more paste to the most greasy areas. Don’t be deterred if the paste turns brown, that’s all part of the process.
3. Leave overnight. Once you’ve coated the whole oven interior (including the trays) with the paste, leave it to rest overnight for at least 12 hours.
4. Wipe the oven clean. Once enough time has passed, you should be able to wipe the oven clean with a damp cloth. The cloth will get filthy and stained so be prepared to throw it away or wash it with stain remover. TIP: use a spatula or scraper to loosen any spots that are stuck onto the oven or trays.
5. Spray some vinegar into the parts of oven that still have the paste stuck on it. The vinegar will react with the baking soda and it will start to create foam, which is easier to wipe away.
6. Final wipe-down. Using a fresh damp cloth and a spray bottle mixed with water and a dash of vinegar, give the oven another wipe down until it’s shiny and clean.
Use Ammonia to clean your oven overnight
Looking for a way to clean your oven with a little less effort? I’ve not personally tried this trick but I hear it works wonders. It does require that you have ammonia at your disposal, which is not as common as baking soda and vinegar.
Heat your oven on conventional mode to 95% (just below boiling point). Then place a bowl of boiling water on the bottom rack and a bowl of ammonia on the top rack. THEN TURN THE OVEN OFF! Leave it to sit overnight and you’ll be able to easily wipe the oven clean in the morning.
Book a home cleaning service or end of lease cleaner online instantly!
Check Out Our Other Posts
Clean kitchen cabinets are important for the health and wellness of your family. There’s nothing worse than finding a bug infestation or mould in your pantry. Yuk! Here are the recommended steps we think you should follow for cleaning your kitchen cabinets – after you have emptied them.
End of lease carpet cleaning can generally be done in one of two ways – dry cleaning or steam cleaning.
Both dry carpet cleaning and steam cleaning have their benefits.
Keeping your house looking tidy can be difficult. These tips will help you make your house look tidier, reduce your stress, and make you feel more comfortable in your home. It’s about setting up the right systems and the right daily tasks. If you create the right habits you will find that cleaning becomes easier and your life becomes less stressful.
With this article, we wanted to share with you a brief checklist for your outdoor areas that you’re usually required to clean to get your bond back. If you are renting a house and there is an outdoor area, then your end of lease preparations must include these areas
COVID-19 Office Cleaning. We wanted to share with you some tips that you can implement yourself. It’s important to keep your workplace safe. We hope this article helps.
We recognise that high-pressure outdoor cleaning is a vital part of a strata cleaning service. We’re skilled in all areas of outdoor pressure cleaning and can make even the most caked up areas shine again.
Strata cleaning Companies offer a broad range of services. For many companies, one of those services is strata garden maintenance. If a strata building has common garden areas, then it’s up to the building managers to ensure that these garden areas are maintained.
Does your strata property have a car park? If so, it’s vitally important to ensure that your chosen strata cleaning company regularly cleans and maintains your car park. Don’t believe me? Let me expand a little below.
It’s the little things that count. It’s that strata cleaning company that does those “little extras,” the ones you may not think about when initially looking for a quote, that make a big difference. If you can choose the right strata cleaning company in the beginning, it will be a big stress off your strata manager’s shoulder later on.
There are many strata cleaning companies to choose from. This can make it difficult to choose the best strata cleaning company in Sydney. We wanted to help you make the right choice by giving you a process to follow. Here is what you need to consider when choosing the strata cleaning company for your building.